April 26, 2011

Review: Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Summary-
New York City has been decimated by war and plague, and most of civilization has migrated to underground enclaves, where life expectancy is no more than the early 20's. When Deuce turns 15, she takes on her role as a Huntress, and is paired with Fade, a teenage Hunter who lived Topside as a young boy. When she and Fade discover that the neighboring enclave has been decimated by the tunnel monsters—or Freaks—who seem to be growing more organized, the elders refuse to listen to warnings. And when Deuce and Fade are exiled from the enclave, the girl born in darkness must survive in daylight, in the ruins of a city whose population has dwindled to a few dangerous gangs. As the two are guided by Fade’s long-ago memories, they face dangers, and feelings, unlike any they’ve ever known.

Review-
Enclave is definitly a book worth reading. It takes you into a dystopia that you can certainly see happening. It was a page turned and a story that i couldnt put down. The characters are solid and the story is engrossing. Duece is a huntress heroin that I absolutly felt compassion and admoration for. She was brave and fearless in her adventure. Fade is a solid hero too. He is also a hunter and good and true friend to duece. I didd however want a little more romance between the two. It gave us glimpses of a love story that could have been. A touch of jealousy and a lot of trust between the two. I think the relationship could have went a little farther. But this is only book one in the series so i am hoping that book two will have more in it. It took me up just not quit up enough. I am waiting impatiently for book two. If you loved the Hunger games you would love this story. Get it now!
Publisher- Feiwel & Friends
My Score 4.5 Stars
Reviewed by~Lora

5 comments:

  1. Aaaa, I just got this one in the mail yesterday. :) I couldn't wait until I had time to read it, I just had to buy it. lol. Which I did. Now I have to sneak it in the mix here. :) Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book. I'm still waiting for my copy from book depository. It take two weeks or so to get the books. I'm dying from waiting already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. This is one of the ones I've been eagerly awaiting. :) I can't wait until I finally get around to reading it!

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one and Divergent too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)